Your Vag!na should not smell bad. This you do not just for yourself, but also for your partner. Many women and girls feel paran0id about how they smell “down there” — you are not alone!
The truth is, every female has her own signature scent, and if you have a S3xual partner, your partner probably doesn’t mind it a bit.
At the same time, if you’re feeling a little insecure, then it won’t hurt to make sure that you’re covering all of the bases when you wash your Vag!na. You deserve to feel clean and confident.
Method 1 of 2: Daily Washing Routine
1. Lather up a washcloth with some mild natural soap and water. Avoid using soaps with heavy perfumes, which may irritate the sensitive skin around your Vag!na.
2. Clean the folds around your Cl1t0ris. Use your fingers to pull your Lab!a away from your Cl1t0ris. Gently scrub the skin on both sides of your Cl1t0ris with the washcloth.
3. Wash your vu’lva and your Vag!nal opening. Also, scrub around your bikini line.
4. Scrub your peri’neum. The peri’neum is the area between your Vag!na and your Anu$.
5. Wash your Ana! area last. Keep your washcloth from touching your Vag!nal area after you’ve washed your Anu$. Doing this will ensure that you don’t drag rec’tal germs toward your Vag!nal area. These germs can cause you to get ur1nary tract infections.
6. Wash your Vag!na at least once per day. If you have S3x, you may want to wash it a second time to feel fresh and clean, although washing after S3x will not prevent preg-nancy on its own.
Method 2 of 2: Keeping Yourself Smelling Fresh
1. Trim, wax or shave your pub1c hair. Thick pub1c hair can cause you to sweat down below, which may make you have some issues with odor.
2. Stay clean during your period. Change your p’ad or your tamp0n frequently, according to the directions on the package. If you’re worried about how you smell when you’re having your peri0d, you can wash your Vag!na 2 or 3 times a day.
3. Wear cotton und’erwear. Breathable fabric helps to prevent Vag!nal odor.
4. Try a reusable panty-liner. The idea of reusing and washing your panty-liners may seem strange at first, but the cotton will help your Vag!na to breathe while absorbing any excess discharge. If you like the way they make you feel, you can graduate to reusable cotton mens’trual pads or mens’trual cups.
5. Bath as part of your f0replay. So are you worried that your partner won’t like your scent? Take a shower or a steamy bath before you have S3x. Let your partner wash your Vag!na for you. Who knows? It might lead to all kinds of fun.
check next page